Monday, August 30, 2010

the things that matter.

some, more obvious
than others.

I was sorting through old documents on my desk when I came upon an exercise I had to do during a "leadership training" workshop at my firm. The exercise instructed me to list what I was grateful for. As my eyes read down the list, here is what I saw:

1) Family
2) Friends
3) Boyfriend
4) My job
5) Bo-ssam.

And there it is, ladies & gents. The 5 most important things in Cheryl's life--the people she loves, who love her back, and steamed pork slices wrapped in lettuce w/ kimchi.

I was definitely NOT focused on the workshop and completely bored out of my mind. I am cracking up at the thought of my drowsy, uninterested self scribbling "bossam" on that list whilst my co-workers wrote things like "Obama's New Home-Owner Tax Credit" and "the end of the war in Iraq." It's good to know I have my priorities straight.

I am my new favorite person.

Cheers,

Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. "I am my new favorite person."

    for all the reflection we try to do in our blogs, at the end of the day nothing is better than original, punchy wit.

    ReplyDelete