Thursday, August 5, 2010

a craft of his own.

a needle, a razor, and some worn-down pencils.
NYMag always has some of the most interesting articles and it is just the perfect light-hearted little brother to the NYTimes. Today, while perusing through the site, I came across this.

Behold, Pencil-Tip Sculptures by the talented Dalton Ghetti:

And the most insane of them all (my mind can't get a grasp on this one):Is this not one of the most incredible creations you have ever seen?! The more I scrolled, the more excited I got to see what other amazing miniature sculptures his fingers whittled out of the lead and wood of a pencil. Insane!

On a different note, I am on a mission to find the perfect pair of solid, red, suede, close-toed pumps. Hold your breath ladies and feast your eyes on these beauties:
Christian Louboutin Decolette Pumps in Red Suede

Yves Saint Laurent Tribute Pumps in Red Suede

Lanvin Red Patent and Suede Pumps

Ugh. My heart is literally pounding from all the gorgeousity in this post. Cl, YSL, and Lanvin have done good. Too, too good. Too, too bad I can't afford any of these magnificent shoes. Here is a pair I CAN afford:

Steve Madden Trinity Pumps in Red

Steve Madden did alright too, I guess. Oh how dearly I wish I can make like Dorothy and click my Louboutin heels to find my way home.

There's no place like home...

Cheers,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment