Wednesday, July 28, 2010

saying farewell to nyc.

oh, heavens no! not me!
only a few of my dear friends... :(

My close girlfriends and I all went to New York University and we wholly embrace New York City in all its glory and glamour to the fullest. I'd say the 5+ years spent in the Big Apple during our late teens and early twenties have definitely molded us into strong, fearless, wild New Yorkers. That being said, I never even dreamed of any one of us ever leaving.

Alas, two of us have. LP and JY. We (myself, the other girls, and NYC) will miss you dearly.

LP has moved her dog-lovin' ice-princess self over to Salt Lake City, Utah from the iron-grip of the Financial District in Manhattan, to join the Mormonic boys and gals over at the GS office there. And JY has uprooted her bohemian tush, along with her bubbling hyperactive personality, from the hustle-bustle of Union Square and will be living amongst the quiet folk of a small suburb in Maryland. I shed quite a few tears and really don't look forward to shedding any more.

WHAT IS GOING ON?! Why are some of my dearest friends leaving me and leaving New York City?! This entry makes me feel especially like Carrie Bradshaw when Miranda relocates to Brooklyn or when Samantha relocates to California (I think it's because I've been watching SATC reruns due to the fact that I've lost cable connection at my apartment). We're still young and still dreamin'... why can't our dreams stay where they started?

I guess I'm just glad none of these moves are permanent. I can only hope the rest of you stay.

Cheers,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment