Monday, July 19, 2010

boys: a collection.

boysboys,
sometimes they're toys,
sometimes they're... just plain annoying.

My lovely roomie 4 lyfe, Judith, recently posted an entry on her blog outlining all her past relationships and not-so-relationships. Needless to say, she has inspired me to do the same.

My love-life thus far has been pretty average with some dramatic kicks here and there. Let's take a trip down memory lane shall we...

There was the 5th grade boyfriend with whom I held hands and slow-danced, the middle school boyfriend with whom I also held hands and kissed on the cheek, the high school boyfriend #1 with whom I held hands and... (these descriptions will end here), the high school boyfriend #2, the high school fling #1, the high school fling #2, the college boyfriend, and the post-college boyfriend with whom I am currently madly in love.

1) 5th Grade "BF": It was pretty serious. At Camp Mason, we slow-danced and this other fool who also had a crush on me whined and cried so my BF almost beat him up. Some real romantic stuff going on here, folks. There were 3 guys named "Alex" in the 5th grade back then: Alex Rallo, Alex Perez, and Alex Chung. Youuu guessed it! I dated Alex Perez. Just kidding, my BF was the Korean one, Alex Chung. This was during a time when calling boys by their last name was cool, so I always called him "Chung." Also, I needed a way to differentiate him from the other Alex's. 5th Grade BF was a slightly chubby tan kid with a cute lisp and he had the coolest mushroom haircut in all of the 5th grade. He also kicked the ball the farthest when we played kickball during recess. We never really broke up- just sort of moved onto the 6th grade, I think. No wait nvm, he left our school and started attending the rich private school in my town and became a douchebag who hung out with the likes of Paris Hilton wannabes vacationing in the Hamptons. 5th grade BF went from being a chubby tan kid to being the lean, tan, Asian kid on the football team who all the hot white girls wanted. Damnit, I knew I should've gone to that private school... ANYWAY. We still talk here and there and keep saying we should meet up but never have and probably never will.

2) Middle School BF: I guess you can say this was my first real relationship with a post-pubescent boy (really though, how post-pubescent is 7th grade, huh?) Interestingly enough, he was a native Korean boy I met during my 1 and a half year stay in Korea. I guess I had a thing for FOBs ever since. Most of my close friends know the story about "Bottle One." I won't re-tell the entire story here, due to the high risk of eyeball-blood vessel-burstage from staring at the monitor for too long. It went something like this: love at first sight-he didn't know me/didn't give 2 sh*ts about me-I made myself known-he dumps his then girlfriend (who happened to become one of my closest friends; yea I don't know how that happened either)-he asks me out in what I thought was the hottest way ever (he had his cronies call me up to the top floor of my school and was leaning his elbows against the window sill when I walked upstairs and all he said was "yah, na rang sa gwee ja." which basically roughly translates to, "hey, date me." *DROOL*)-we have this insanely romantic and dramatic puppy/first-love type dating experience-I move to a different school-relationship falters-we break up-I move to America suddenly-I visit Korea/him a year later and we are still very much in puppy-love aaaand I can't get over him for jillions of years after until I met College Boyfriend. The end.

I need a break. This is too much for me to handle all at once. Go grab yourself a diet coke and a bag of popcorn and we'll rendez-vous in 10.

To be continued...

Cheers,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment