Wednesday, July 28, 2010

jjank accents.

where there are jjanks,
there are bound to be jjank accents.

The corporate team at our law firm does a lot of work with businesses in China so we have a good number of Chinese attorneys at our firm. Only one of them speaks English without a Chinese accent and the others all talk like they work at #1 Noodle House or Lo Mein Fo Yu. Every. single. one. of. them.

I cannot deal.

An attorney just asked me to draft 13 cover letters and it took me about 25 minutes to fully comprehend what he needed done. 15 minutes to make sense of his horrible English and another 10 minutes to get over the shock of how long his effing nails are. Maybe I should leave a nail-clipper on his desk tomorrow morning. Is that rude?

I hate jjank accents. I'm sorry but I really, really do.

Cheers,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment