Tuesday, March 1, 2011

smile on my face.

it's been a long two days
lacking in smile and laughter.

Sounds so dramatic, doesn't it? But alas, 'tis true. Yesterday and today were absolutely the busiest days ever at work for me. I am just taking a breather now to blog about something quickly. I think my blog has been void of some mom & pop lovin' recently so let me take a second to fill that void.

I see my parents every weekend but last weekend I wasn't feeling well enough to make the bus trip to church so I stayed home. I saw my dad today to pick-up my tax return forms and my fatigue, stress, and overall lack of energy dissipated upon hearing my dad's voice go, "Yo, Jinjin."

HAHAHAHA WHY IS HE SO CUTE. He was dressed in a black undershirt, red sweater, black fleece jacket and daddy also got a spiffy new haircut. He looked like he just stepped out of our living room, not his office! Anyway, it was a burst of energy in an otherwise long week/day. Seeing him smile, hearing him laugh, listening to him nag me about how I was dressed, aaahhh it was such familiar comfort, and that's all I needed to make the trek back to my office and finish the day's work.

Another moment of absolute heppiness (rather, hilarity) happened a few minutes ago when my mom responded via blackberry to an email I sent her. I responded back with "whoaaa mama you're using your blackberry to email nowww?!" and her reply back read: "Of course cus I da COOL mommy kkk"

HAHAHAHAHAHA my parents kill me. I live for these folks, seriously.

Friends, most (if not all) of us live in the busy hustle bustle of New York City, away from the two people who (literally) made us. They gave us life; let's take a second out of every day to make them feel alive.

Cheers,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment