Tuesday, March 22, 2011

mirror, mirror, on the wall.

obsessed with my reflection.

I'm sure most girls are, but they don't readily admit it.  I've been noticing lately that I cannot pass by a reflective surface without glancing into it.  I think the image sans braces has something to do with it, but even before I got them chains off, I was always looking into mirrors every few minutes.  Especially when I knew I looked good.

I know people are thinking, "conceited beeatch" but admit it; girls can't help themselves when they know they look good that day.  And I know everyone has a "mirror face."  I've seen all my girlfriends, even my boyfriend, make their "mirror face."  Some girls pucker up, some girls widen their eyes, some girls suck in their cheeks (some boys do, too *ahem* DAVE) and some girls prefer their profiles.  It's essentially people putting their "best face forward."  Sometimes I wonder if people see me the way I see myself in the mirror.  Sometimes I wish they saw me the way I saw me, but I guess that's my ego speaking.  Sometimes I hope they see me bigger, better, more beautiful than I see me and I guess that's my insecurity speaking.

Even at the office, sitting in my cubicle, I'll pick up my compact and just glance into it.  Why?  I'm not really sure.  I'll just subconsciously grab my little pocket mirror, open it up, make a little face, rub my lips together, pat my hair and I'm done. 

This may sound completely stupid or completely obvious, but doesn't it feel good when you look into the mirror and like what you see?  It's almost like a little pick-me-up.  When you look good, you feel good and your day is that much better.  When you look like sh*t, you feel like sh*t and your day gets that much worse. 

Especially for us ladies; make-up & dress-up are so so SO important.

Just sayin'.

Cheers,

Cheryl

1 comment: