Wednesday, June 24, 2009

the last ones alive.

really? the last ones? really?
you are my exception.

if a guy wants to be with a girl,

he will make it happen no matter what.
if he's treating you like he doesn't give a shit,
he genuinely doesn't give a shit.

So, I just watched "He's Just Not That Into You" with my roommates. I should be sleeping but I couldn't help opening up my blog to jot down my thoughts after watching this movie. People have been talking about it for a while but I'm a little slow so I only just saw it. To be honest, this movie didn't open doors that hadn't already been walked through for me. I expected it to be just a little more realistic than it was, but it was still a decent generalization of women.

I really think there are only 2 problems:

1) Women overanalyze, overthink, overreact, over-EVERYTHING.
2) Women can niether make that first move in fear of rejection, nor accept the reality of rejection. (Which is why their pride forces them to justify and make excuses for every situation. ex) he's busy, he lost my number, he had a death in the family, he got hit by a truck, it's my fault, etc.)

If these 2 problems were solved, I think we'd all be living in a fantastic cosmos of a dating world. Too bad it's never going to happen. Too bad I'm an example of 1 & 2 myself. Too bad I know this, I'm writing a blog about it, yet I still can't change. It's really too bad.

I mean, if I think about every guy I've ever rejected at a club or a bar, I have to say, men have balls (pun unintended). Why is it okay for ladies to reject men, no, wait for men to approach them just to reject them, when they're not taking a chance either? We automatically assume that men at bars or clubs are sleezy and looking for one thing: ass. But aren't we frequenting the same bars and clubs looking for something as well? It really is such a double-standard.

At the same time, I've never met a guy at a bar or club that was interesting enough to keep around. Some of the crap I hear or some of the crap I see blows my mind. Seriously? Do you really think that's attractive? I kind of feel like it's an Asian thing though. I am convinced Asian men cannot carry on a stimulating conversation. Except the one. I guess he's my exception? Or my rule? Which is it? If you haven't seen the movie, you wouldn't understand. Either way, it's been too much for too long.

I'm going to buy a guy a drink on Friday night (and hope that he's got at least half a brain).

cheers,

Cheryl

PS: The wrong guy said the right thing to me tonight. How much does that suck, eh?

1 comment: