Tuesday, June 23, 2009

honey bunches of oats.

a tribute to the best cereal ever.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a morning person. Thus, I am not a breakfast person. A cup of coffee and a banana, fine, but anything beyond that is usually a no-go for me. My morning ritual consists of turning off my annoying “Nobody” alarm, opening my eyes, laying in bed for 3 extra minutes (hoping I don’t fall asleep again), followed by the 3 “up”s: wash-up, make-up, dress-up. After all is done, I grab my louis, mj, prada, gucci or whatever bag I’m feeling for the day, and leave my apartment without a second glance.

This was before I rediscovered Honey Bunches of Oats cereal. When I was younger, my mom would make me eat this all the time. I hated it because it didn't have marshmallows like Lucky Charms, didn't snap, crackle, and pop like Rice Krispie Treats, and wasn't colorful like Fruit Loops. How ignorant of a child I was.

This cereal is delightful in texture, taste, and calories. I can't even begin to tell you of the perfection that is Honey Bunches of Oats. So I won't. Although, I guess I already did. Whatever.

I'm going to go eat a bowl now.

cheers,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment