Friday, June 26, 2009

keep on.

with the force don't stop
don't stop 'til you get it on.

The legendary Michael Jackson passes away on June 25th, 2009 at the young age of 50. The effect his death has on the world, I can safely say, is greater than that of the United States of America electing a president of color.

Farrah Fawcett also passed away today. It's a bit unfortunate how MJ's death took away, in a sense, from hers. Regardless, 2 icons are gone from this world and I feel grateful to have lived during their lifetime. I'm not going to pretend that I'm deeply mournful or distressed about Michael Jackson's death because I'm not. He was talented beyond the likes of any entertainer who's ever lived and I respect and admire what he's accomplished for the music industry. To think that children born from today on will live in a world where the "King of Pop" MJ doesn't exist, is somewhat saddening and unbelievable.

I apologize for any crude jokes I've made in the past about your disintegrating nose and the decreasing amount of pigmentation in your skin.

cheers to MJ & FF,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment