Tuesday, February 1, 2011

meant to be.

some things aren't,
but you make them.

First snowboarding trip of 2011 and I'm pumped. Wake up in the morning feeling like Shawn White and get my gear on. Pick-up my mom's car in Jersey and load myself with some Dunkin' and off we go.

Find some random local mountain and decide to give it a chance. The manfriend pays for our lift tickets and I saunter off to rentals. Lean over to put on my boots and as I lace 'em up as tight as they would go... WHACK!

Diagonally in the face, hit by some negligent kid's snowboard. Hold my hands to my face thinking the pain would subside so that I can get on my way up the mountain, until I feel something warm in my hands. Pull them away and all I see is deep deep scarlet blood.

Where the hell is my boyfriend. Stand up, blood streaming down my face, down my hands, into my sleeves and I see him walk in. Runs over, shocked, and presses napkins to my face. Walks me over somewhere and the rest is a blur.

Wake up a couple of hours later to 7 stitches through my eyebrow. Didn't even get both boots on...

Second big accident while gone snowboarding but not ACTUALLY snowboarding. Some things aren't meant to be, but you make 'em.

Hitting (hoping to) the slopes again this weekend. Wish me luck.

Cheers,

Cheryl

1 comment: