Wednesday, November 10, 2010

day 22.

what makes you different from everyone else?

This is also a dumb-ass question; everyone is different because they are themselves and unlike anyone else, duh. I will attempt to coherently elaborate. I once heard something along the lines of "be yourself because everyone else is already taken." I don't remember who said this but I think it was a quote that I might've read off of someone's Facebook whilst engaging in some hardcore Facebook-stalking. I've never forgotten it since.

I like to think I'm different because I try so hard to be myself. I really do. I refuse to be like others just because it's comfortable or convenient and I hesitate before agreeing with the majority because the question I ask myself is always, "is this what you think or are you going along with everyone else?" This constant effort at self-reflection is what I think makes me different from others. It's hard because sometimes I feel almost forced by myself to commit to who Cheryl Kim is and also because I know sometimes I should just shut up and go along with certain things and also because I feel like I justify a lot of things I do or say with my personal logic and thinking, but at the end of the day, I sleep better knowing I've just been myself. I like to think I'm in-tune with who I am, some may disagree and say I'm blind and biased but I'm trying...

What would Cheryl do?

This is the recurring question my mind is always asking...

I really am trying my best to just be me. Isn't that alone enough to make me different?

(sorry, this has been a lot of word-vomit and it may not make sense to some, but it makes a helluvalot sense to me... hmmm...)

No comments:

Post a Comment