Monday, October 11, 2010

founder of this land.

the great Italian, Christopher Columbus.

I mean, I understand it was an accident and all and you didn't MEAN to "find" America and I know in actuality, you really didn't "find" anything at all but STILL. If you have a freaking day named after you, we can at the very least make it a national holiday no? He is definitely rolling over in his grace thinking, "Wtf, ungrateful bastards are living on the soil I founded and won't even give me the right to a National Holiday."

All of my friends, including myself, are slaving away in our offices on Columbus Day. Except for my friend Sarah, who works for Bank of America. I'm thinking since it's Bank of AMERICA they decided to live up to their name and be patriotic and give their employees the day off. Kudos.

My firm gave us "casual Monday" today. In honor of Christopher Columbus, we are all wearing jeans. Thank you Mr. Columbus.

One more hour...

Cheers,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment