Wednesday, September 8, 2010

snickers?

hungry? grab a snickers!

My co-workers and I are constantly chatting about how we need to lose weight, eat healthy, and exercise. We've attempted the Master Cleanse together and failed at it together. Now, we are trying to eat healthy small-portioned lunches except on Thursdays because everyone needs a cheat-day. Today is Tuesday and all I had for lunch were a couple of mini-ravioli (is the singular form of "ravioli" pronounced "ra-vee-oh-lie"?) from those containers sold at Duane Reade. Just as my stomach was sending signals to my brain which in turn sent signals to my hand which in turn reached for my wallet to make a trip back to Duane Reade to get something more satiating, a co-worker passes by and all she says as she walks past my cubicle is, "Snickers?"

And to that, I respond with, "yes."

And just like that, BAM, I am on the Snickers train and instantly she comes back with a king-size Snickers bar for me.

I will only eat half.
Cheers,

Cheryl

1 comment: