Thursday, September 9, 2010

all gone.

i'm balding.

'Tis true. I am slowly but surely balding. Not from my head, but from my eyelids. Let me explain.

I have this eyelash curler that is just the supreme bomb-diggity. It was 99cents from this little shop in K-Street and I bought it a few years ago. For those ladies (and lads who are into this sort of thing, I guess) who are thinking "wtf get a new one," I am very sad to say that the shop is now closed and in its place, is a brand-spanking new Paris Baguette (yes, I know we are excited for this popular bakery to open its doors but I'd like my eyelash-curler shop back, thanks). I've tried several different eyelash curlers in search of one that is as wondrous, but have failed to find one that is just so. Thusly, I have been utilizing this worn curler for several years. This is a cardinal sin in the world of make-up, I know, but I cannot bring myself to buy a new one or replace the rubber bit inside.

Speaking of the rubber bit, it is now splitting in half down the center because of the pressure the top metal part applies when I squeeze the curler (this image is probably difficult to visualize but I have faith that my fellow eyelash-curling friends will understand). Every time I curl my eyelashes, one or two eyelashes would fall out but I never thought much of it. Eyelashes grow back too, right? Alas, today, I looked inside the splitting rubber bit to find this:



Several years' worth of "one or two eyelashes" falling out and getting stuck in the little rubber bit (I have no idea what 'the rubber bit' is actually called or if it even has a technical term so for my purposes, 'the rubber bit' will have to do)!!! OMFG that's like, all the hair on Donald Trump's head. Damn. No wonder my eyelids have been feeling a bit lighter lately...

Anyway, so yes, I am balding. At this rate, I won't even need an eyelash curler. I actually have a great load of eyelashes which is why I didn't mind a few falling out from time to time, but this picture puts things in perspective. I've given up on eye make-up because I suck at applying it, so I don't wear any eyeliner or eyeshadow or what-have-you anymore, just some good ole mascara, so the realization that I may not even be able to wear any mascara anymore is deeply disturbing. My eyelashes are my saving grace!

I must get a new eyelash curler.

Cheers,

Cheryl

PS: Those aren't pubes, pervs.

No comments:

Post a Comment