Thursday, September 16, 2010

funny kid.

kids really do say and do
the darndest things.

On my subway ride home from work yesterday, there were three people sitting on one side of the subway seat. For my fellow Manhattanites who know, subway seats are divided by a metal rod so that four people can sit on one side of the rod and three more people can sit on the other side of the rod. Well, on the 3-people side of the rod, a woman, a little Indian boy, and another woman were sitting in that order. Now, this kid was so little that there was some space between him and the woman to the right of him. Not realizing that this was the 3-person side of the subway seat, I shoved my ass in the small space between him and the other woman. She didn't seem too happy about this but whatever, I was dead tired.

Anyway, I was in such close proximity to this kid and his nanny (I'm assuming it was his nanny because of their conversation and besides, the woman wasn't Indian), that I was able to hear their entire conversation clearly. It went something like this:

Nanny: "_____ stop touching your face, you're gonna get pimples."
Indian Boy: "I'm only 5, I won't get pimples."
Nanny: "Yea well when you're a teenager you're going to get them so stop picking at your face."
Indian Boy: "What else gives me pimples?"
Nanny: "Eating spicy foods can give you pimples, you're Indian so you eat a lot of spicy foods."
Indian Boy: "Nope, I don't eat spicy foods. What's spicy?"
Nanny: "Things like peppers, and buffalo wings, and the curry your mom makes, and chili, and... (starts rambling about spicy foods)..."
Indian Boy: (starts looking bored,,,)
Nanny: "...what else...and also things like mustard and hot sauce..."
Indian Boy (interrupts her): "Yea? Yea? What about foods like this? *pretends to fall asleep and snore*"
Nanny: "That's not funny, *insert-indian-boy-name-here,* if someone is talking, you have to listen to them."
Indian Boy: (continues to pretend to sleep).

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! I realize it's not as funny when written out like this, but believe me it was hilarious. This poor nanny was going on and on about different spicy foods and the kid totally PWNS her. Omg it was so hard not to crack up. It was even funnier because he was this supercute skinny little kid with glasses and this squeaky high-pitched voice. He needs to be on one of those Jimmy Kimmel experients they play in yellowcabs. The entire exchange between the two was pure comedy.

He's going to grow up to be the next Russell Peters or Aziz Ansari.

Cheers,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment