Thursday, February 11, 2010

scribble scribble.

words or a picture.
both are beautiful.

I've always wished I had drawing capabilities. Even a remotely perfect stick-figure is hard for me. I can scribble and I can scrabble but I cannot draw a recognizable image of anything. This is frustrating because my mind illustrates on a regular basis and my hand just fails to produce what my mind sees. How sad is that?

I scribble in a journal daily. Not fully comprehensive entries. Sometimes just a word. Or two. My handwriting isn't even pretty. Legible at best. Today, I tried to imitate an illustration from Garance Dore's blog. After I was done furiously scratching my pencil against my poor journal's pages, I laughed at how incredibly horrendous my imitation was.

Today, I realize my words are just as beautiful and oftentimes more profound than any doodle or picture. Hand, you have not failed.

Cheers,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment