Friday, February 12, 2010

egotistical or not.

we love each other
still the same.

Friends come and leave as enemies, acquaintances, or as a mere name. I've had relationships falter and end as all of the above. Four girls are at my side today but who knows when they'll leave?

It's interesting how every single one of us is really quite unlike the other. Usually friends start to resemble each other after a while, but this isn't the case with us. We have inside jokes and giggle at similar things but ultimately, we are so different. I won't go through all the reasons why and how we differ from one another, but I will talk about one thing: our egos.

J and C are quite similar in the way they perceive themselves. Simply, they think and claim to know that they are pretty damn attractive and fierce. They are not ashamed of this self-perception, no matter how skewed or biased, and flaunt their opinions unabashedly.

L & Little A are quite similar in that they seem indifferent to their attractive qualities. While not insecure by any means, they are not conceited like J & C. They laugh (well, A laughs but L laughs and sneers) when J & C are being ridiculously big-headed and never join in on the fun. Both are quieter in nature than J & C so perhaps this is the reason for their muted opinions.

Big A is in a group of her own. She insists that other girls are prettier than her and proves herself quite insecure at times, until she says things like:

Big A: I think I have an amazing smile.

Then she reveals her not-as-egotistical side in an egotistical way:

Big A: I saw a pic on my phone I was so pleasantly surprised by my own beauty and so I sent it to my email and I was immediately disappointed when I saw it blown up.

Perhaps Big A is needed so that neither team JC nor team LA wins over the other. Perhaps LA will be more forthcoming with their hidden egos one day. Perhaps JC will be less forthcoming one day. Perhaps Big A will pick a side.

What I'm trying to say is, my friends are beautiful.

Cheers,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment