Thursday, July 2, 2009

love tokens.

came across this book at work one day.
i work at a law firm, so how this book got on our shelves,
i don't know.

I watched the beginning of "Sex & The City: The Movie" (my favoritEST movie of all time) during my lunch break yesterday. By the time I was done with my shumai, I had watched up to the part where Carrie gets in bed with Mr. Big and reads him excerpts from her library book, Love Letters of Great Men. A few weeks ago, I found a similar book, Love Tokens, at my office and had jotted down a few memorable quotes from it onto a post-it. I thought I lost the post-it and along with it, some fine romantic sayings, and was devastated. However, I found that post-it tucked in between 2 business cards in my overflowing wallet today. Eureka! Let me share these quotes with you:

"kiss me quick, and don't be shy,
for you love kissing, dear,
as well as I."

"then in his arms he will clasp me
and I for him will live-
though for him I could die,
what a sweet world is this!
now I have found what it is-
love it is-
makes it go round."

"a simple ring with a simple stone,
to the vulgar eye, no stone of price.
whisper the right word, that alone-
forth starts a sprite, like fire from ice."

"love may be given, love may be spoken,
but I seek a love that is sealed with a token.
a locket, a ring, or a fine precious stone,
and then will I know, that your love is my own."

-Love Tokens, by Julia Jones & Kenneth Ames

You have to read them a couple of times over. Damnit, I want to fall in love.

Cheers,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment