Friday, May 14, 2010

my younger self.

a strong sense of my younger self
is best found in
past entries/posts/writings.

Have you ever looked back on a xanga? Or a diary entry? Whenever I do, I cringe and wince at how ridiculously ignorant and childish I was. Especially when I go back to things I wrote in middle school when tYpiNg lYk dIsS wuZ kEwL~*^^* Ugh, I shudder at the thought that I too, fell victim to that disgusting fad.

Earlier today, I took a gander at a homepage I had and opened up the diary entries I wrote in it. I wanted to laugh, kick myself in the head, and pat myself on the back all at the same time. I was SUCH a child. And some of these entries were written only about a year ago! Wow, look at how much I've developed in such a short period of time! I wonder if I'm going to look back on this blog and think the same thing in about a year...

Change is good though. Going through entries that dated back to 3-4 years ago was refreshing. Being able to revisit my past (no matter how ridiculous and embarrassing it may be) through old diaries is the best form of reflection, I think. The progress and process that I've experienced to become the person I am presently, was and is all beautiful.

I must remember not to regret and dwell on things I cannot go back and change, for I have changed into who I am today because of those things.

Cheers,

Cheryl

1 comment: