Tuesday, December 1, 2009

november 30th, 1986.

is the date my parents
decided to spend an eternity together.

I'm a day late, but I just wanted to post a congratulatory message to the 'rents on their 23-year anniversary. This year is special because they dated for 7 years before they got married, so technically, this is their 30-year anniversary! Wowza.

Me: Watcha doin' mama?
Mommy: Writing a love letter.. hehe
Me: To who? Daddy??
Mommy: Yes.. my love of 30 years.
Me: Wow... thirty years!!!
Mommy: Yep.. even after 30 years, he still makes me laugh and I'm still sexy in his eyes~~ not bad huh?? ;)

I laughed for quite a while after she said this to me. She then tells me she hopes my brother and I find soulmates too. Man, the topic of marriage is ever-present around me lately. One of my best friends from high school set his wedding date for next June, I bumped into an old friend, who got married recently, shopping with her husband on Black Friday, and yet another friend from church is getting married in April. Not to mention, all my old male-friends from high school (who I thought were never going to grow up) have serious girlfriends and brought them out to our reunion over Thanksgiving! What is this world coming to?! Why are my ALL my girlfriends and I still single?!

Don't get me wrong. I am so extremely happy for those who've found "love." I just wish "love" would find it in itself to find me too...

Cheers,

Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. hi cheryl!!! :) i miss you toooo~ jaljineh?? let's hang out soon! >_<

    ReplyDelete