Friday, December 18, 2009

loves it.

oh Broadway,
what a G.

I was looking at a map of New York City today. I have often looked at maps of the fabulous city I live in, but today, for some reason, I noticed "Broadway."

Have you ever noticed "Broadway"? Today, I did.

It slices its way everso cunningly and recklessly through the whole of Manhattan, oblivious to the fact that it has just ruined the perfect grid that is New York City's streets and avenues. It is the most powerful of all diagonal lines and shows its omnipresence to all who wander into arguably the greatest city in the world. I wonder how "Broadway" came about. Who was the genius that decided to insert a misshapen chaotic monster of a road into the neatly placed horizontal streets and vertical avenues?

How incredibly mind-boggling.

Cheers,

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment