Friday, October 16, 2009

excuse you.

in my book,
pidgeons always have the right of way.

I might've mentioned in a previous post that I am deathly afraid of rodents, pidgeons, and miniature greyhounds. Just typing those freaking words made me shudder. OMG, gross. This entry is going to be short (but not sweet by any means) because I can't stand to talk about this topic for longer than a few minutes.

The purpose behind this post is to help me realize that I am being ridiculous and foolish by letting pidgeons determine my routes to my various destinations. If ever I see so much as a glimpse of a pidgeon up ahead of me, I will stop and wait for it to be a good 10 feet away from me until I continue along my way. If I don't have the patience to wait for the stupid bird to move its ass, I will hurry and find another street to turn into. I used to just try to carefully maneuver my way around them but one time, I guess I startled them (albeit my stealthiness), and got attacked once and made a fool out of myself so I decided just avoiding them at all costs is the way to go.

At first, I didn't see anything wrong with these antics of mine. I figured, as long as I don't have any interactions with these feathered demons, I'm good. However, lately I have been late on more than one occasion for an engagement, and I have come to the realization that it is all because of my fear of pidgeons. Thus, I will no longer let these dumb fowls intimidate and bully me!!!

Man, I'm an animal-lover but I really just wish pidgeons would become extinct.

Cheers,

Cheryl

PS: I walked behind a woman with not one, but TWO miniature greyhounds on my way to work the other day and I had to repeat in my head, "you are going to be late" to prevent myself from finding a detour. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. cheryl hon', you do live in the city, don't you?
    but i completely agree, and i would probably do the same thing to. i was so grossed out a while back when i saw a road-killed turtle on my jogging path. (sorry if i made you cringe) but that just grossed me out for a good couple of days.

    toodles, love
    hye in -

    ReplyDelete